7. Troy-Bilt XP Mustang 54 25-HP V-Twin Dual Hydrostatic 54-in Zero-Turn Lawn Mower
Troy-Bilt creates some of the most popular mowers in the market, for professionals and homeowners. The Troy-Bilt Mustang 54 XP Zero-Turn Mower has twin blades and adjusts to eight different height positions. With a 54-inch cutting deck, a powerful Briggs and Stratton engine, this mower boasts consistent superior performance, along with durability. The engine features an overhead valve design to provide improved fuel economy. The dual hydro-gear EZT transmission makes it possible to maneuver on hilly regions.
For around $3,100, consumers get a value on one of the most efficient and high-performing middle-grade zero turn mowers on the market. Here are some of the features on this mower:
· Full pressure lubrication system
· Dual hydro-gear EZT transmission
· Able to maneuver on a hilly terrain
· Speeds up to 7 mph
· Reinforced frame with a lifetime warranty
· Floating front axle and a fuel site gauge
· 54-inch cutting deck with a wash port for cleaning out the grass clippings
6. Cub Cadet RZT™ S 42
The Cub Cadet RZT™ S 42 is a great buy at around $2,700. In fact, it is a Consumer’s Digest Best Buy. Referred to as the “Tesla of riding mowers” by the editor of Popular Mechanics, the Cub Cadet RZT™ S 42 zero turn electric mower is made to please the consumer.
With cast iron cylinders and a PTO clutch with electronic fingertip engagement, this electric zero turn mower stands out among the crowd with reports of impressive zero-turn maneuverability. The “ZERO” series focuses on the undesirable factors that you don’t get, such as zero engine noise, zero gas needed, zero filters and belts, zero oil and zero engine maintenance.
It also has a lot to offer in added features:
· 22 HP professional-grade Kohler® 7000 Series V-Twin OHV engine
· Consumer’s Digest Best Buy
· Four-wheel steering with steering wheel control
· 42-inch twin blade with high-lift
· Floating, 12-gauge deck
· Deck cutting height adjustable from 1.5 – 4 inches
· Forward speeds of seven mph
· Dual Hydro-Gear™ EZT 2200 transmission
5. Craftsman 21.5 HP V-Twin Kawasaki Fabricated Deck Zero Turn Riding Mower
Craftsman caters to the demands of homeowners. Their zero turn mowers offer the great values for consumers, including strong performance and durability. The Craftsman 21.5 HP V-Twin Kawasaki features a 42 inch fabricated steel deck and a dual hydro-gear EZT drive system.
It also has a few standout features, such as Craftsman Smart Lawn Technology. That connects to the mower via Bluetooth and gives you access to the latest information about the battery, engine oil, air filter and the mower’s blades. You can also get notifications regarding needed maintenance, access to manuals and easy ordering for replacement parts. Just download the free Smart Lawn app.
For around $3,000, you get one powerful mower with:
· 21.5 HP V-twin Kawasaki FR series engine, the power, and torque for heavy tasks
· 42 in. fabricated steel deck with electric lift
· Heavy duty EZT Hydrostatic Transmission
· Padded dual lever controls
· Six adjustable cutting heights
· Bluetooth technology