4. Ariens IKON XL-52 (52″) 24HP Kohler Zero Turn Lawn Mower
This mower has a 52-inch, three-blade, fabricated mower deck. The deep design allows for improved, producing a cut of higher quality. Receiving Best in Class for the dial height of cut selector, the cut height can be adjusted to 13 positions, increasing in ¼” increments with a simple turn of the dial. The overhead valve design increases fuel efficiency and performance.
The Ariens IKON XL-52 zero turn mowers are priced around $4,000. Here are some of its features:
· Premium 24HP/725cc Kohler 7000 Series OHV Engine
· Dual Hydro Gear ZT2800 Hydrostatic Transmissions
· 52-inch, three-blade fabricated mower deck
· 10-gauge steel deck design
· 4-1/2″ deep design for extra airflow
· Mechanical foot lift to raise and lower deck
· Single Tubular Steel Frame
3. Toro TimeCutter SS4225 (42″) 22HP Kohler Zero Turn Lawn Mower with Smart Speed
Mow your yard in half the time with the Toro TimeCutter SS4225. This mower boasts a 22HP Kohler engine and is fast if you want it to be. The rider can control the speed range with the flip of a lever, using the Toro Smart Speed™ control system. The slower speeds allow easier maneuverability around objects and close cuts near trees and bushes. The slower speeds are also useful for those who are learning to drive a zero turn mower. There are also two anti-scalp wheels on the deck, to keep your lawn from being butchered.Save time and maybe even money with this fairly priced zero turn mower.
The Toro TimeCutter SS4225 runs about $2,600 and for under three grand you get:
· 22HP/725cc Kohler 7000 Series V-Twin OHV 4-Cycle Engine
· Dual Hydro Gear EZT Hydrostatic Transmission
· 42-inch, two-blade mower deck
· Kohler V-twin 725cc engine with auto choke
· Smart speed trim/tow/mow ground speed ranges
· Auto parking brake
· Toro Exclusive Smart Speed Control System
· Two anti-scalp wheels allow the deck to float over the turf
· 15-Inch High Back Seat for improved back support
2. Mean Green CXR-52″/60″ Electric Zero-Turn Mowers
Mean Green Products now has a mower that can run on solar energy. Using S.A.M. (Solar-Assisted Mower) a solar electric canopy that can be added to the commercial electric model, Mean Green CXR-52″/60″ zero-turn electric riding mowers.
Mean Green claims that use of the solar canopy option will aid in increasing productivity. Besides being environmentally responsible, you will save money on gas and electric. You may also qualify for a Federal Solar Tax Credit. The solar panel is strong, flexible and easy to attach and remove. On sunny days, S.A.M. collects solar energy and converts it to additional power stored in the lithium battery packs.
Space-age materials used to construct the Mean Green CXR-52″/60″ mowers are made of hybrid materials such as high strength steel and military-grade aluminum alloys that are strong, but not too heavy. The use of this material has reduced the weight of the mower by ten percent. The weight and low center of gravity mean this mower can even do well on hill slopes. This electric mower is quiet and powerful, with the capability of storing free solar energy.
Key components of the CXR zero-turn mowers are:
· Powered by green lithium energy modules
· 36 peak horsepower
· 52- or 60-inch cutting deck
· Cuts up to 12 acres per charge, approximately seven hours
· Takes two to four hours to recharge
· Seven-gauge steel chassis
· Constructed with strong and light space-age materials
1. 48” Bradley Stand-on Compact Zero Turn Commercial Mower
If you are looking for a compact commercial zero turn mower, check out the Bradley Stand-on Compact ZT Commercial Mower from Havener Enterprises. Stand-on mowers have gained popularity in the last few years, offering hillside stability and easier maneuverability since the user can easily shift weight from one side to another to accommodate an incline or slope. Stand-on mowers are also less likely to tip due to the low center of gravity.
This heavy duty zero turn mower sells for around $3,400 and comes with the following specifications:
· 25HP Briggs & Stratton commercial turf electric start engine
· Twin Hydro-Gear drive system
· 48-inch deck
· Three blades
· Stand-On platform
· Flip-up standing platform converts into a walk-behind
· Five-gallon fuel tank
Before you buy a zero turn mower, it is always a great idea to test-drive it first. Often online prices are less expensive than retail options, but it is still a good idea to find a place that sells the model you want and give it a try.
“Featured Image: All Rights Reserved Photo by Charles & Hudson”